Aequion is a technologies and solutions company aimed at supporting water improvement, water remediation, and water compliance in a growing number of spaces. Their industry applications include: agriculture, hydroponics, dairy, hog, chicken, food processing, pond remediation, and aquaculture.
Aequion is proud to be the product of deep scientific roots, agricultural heritage and entrepreneurial spirit. The founder, Ted Batkin, is a fourth generation inventor, physicist and farmer from California’s central valley.
Aequion is wholeheartedly invested in impactful technologies that solve water and air quality concerns in addition to bettering everyday water practices. Their mission is to shorten the timeline on total sustainability. They support both clients and state agencies in this endeavor.
Aequion is pleased to state that all products are manufactured in Visalia, California.
EMOH™ is an all-natural, chemical-free, modular system for enhancing water efficiency and introducing dissolved oxygen. Its back-to-nature approach targets polymeric water “clusters,” breaking them down into considerably smaller sizes thereby increasing absorption and maximizing the allotted cell waterways (aquaporin) of any given crop. Additionally, EMOH™ introduces a high volume of atmospheric oxygen. Free oxygen and trace amounts of hydrogen peroxide are welcome biproducts of the EMOH™ process.
EMOH™ System At A Glance
- Raises Dissolved Oxygen Levels
- Reduces Lagoon Solids
- Stops the Production of Methane
- Converts Potassium and Nitrates
- Turns Lagoon Water Into Acceptable Irrigation Water
- Solves Lagoon Odor Problem(s)
- Eradicates Algae and Maintains Visibly Cleaner Lanes
EMOH™ systems aid in compliance to the California Air Resources Board (CARB) by directly increasing dissolved oxygen levels, thus turning anaerobic bodies of water to aerobic and eliminating the production of methane.
EMOH™ technology supports compliance to the California State Water Resources Control Board, namely Title 22, by converting potassium, sodium, and nitrates into a safe and/or useable form. By increasing plant uptake, this process also reduces leaching. Water then meets irrigation standards.
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Primarily applicable to flush system after primary solids separation and within a region that has concerns regarding local odor emissions from long-term storage lagoons.
- Capital costs for the mechanical surface aerators and their platforms/electrical connections are moderate.
- Operating costs, even with limited aeration can be high due to high utility costs for continuous operation of energy intensive aerators.
- Well-researched, understood and engineered system with multiple vendor platforms available across industries, including manure treatment.
- Several types of aerators are available in the market that suit for dairy operations.
- Specification requirements of aeration equipment and its installation depends on farm size, manure characteristics, and odor mitigation goals of that dairy farm.
Newtrient will continue to work with Aequion to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as commercial dairy installations come on line.