Blue Water provides the Eco DAF™ process as an effective and efficient solution to the challenges burdening industrial dischargers. The Eco DAF™ system reduces production costs by integrating the most advanced and innovative techniques for internal recycle and dissolution of air, saving money on power, chemical, and other discharge compliance costs. This new generation of DAF technology utilizes regenerative turbine pumps in the recycle stream to form a distribution of micro air bubbles ranging from 10-30 µm. Conventional systems operate with a typical bubble size of 100-200 µm, often resulting in sheared floc, higher chemical usage, and lowered efficiency. The innovative Eco DAF™ design facilitates the most effective removal of suspended solids, phosphorus, oils and greases, and other impurities from water slurries.
Blue Water Technologies
10450 N. Airport Drive
Hayden, ID 83835-9742
- Chemical Flocculation
- Equipment Vendor
- Concentrated Nutrients
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others all of these technologies require flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
Blue Water Technologies has been unresponsive to Newtrient's multiple attempts to supplement or validate the information about this technology.