DariTech, Inc., as a leading provider of innovative dairy manure handling systems throughout North America, has joined up with Vision Machine, Inc., to bring you the most cost efficient, durable decanter centrifuge on the market! U.S. built, with field serviceable wear parts, DT centrifuges provide modern dairy operations with the ability to manage their manage as best fits the operation. From the ability to closed loop flush dairies that use little water, to center pivot irrigation without clogging nozzles, to compact and simple nutrient recovery, DT centrifuge systems are customized for dairy goals.
- Equipment Vendor
- Project Developer
- Concentrated Nutrients
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Centrifuge Technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in a lower solid liquid that will not plug equipment or irrigation quality “tea water” depending on whether the technology is used with or without polymer:
- Produces a stackable solid which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- There is significant variation of energy use depending on the site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- Can be used with or without polymer. Recovery rates and impact on critical indicators are better when used with polymer.
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
A decanting centrifuge is a mechanical device that accelerates (lessons the time) of the natural separation that occurs in quiescent conditions between two or more components mixed together that have differences in specific gravity (SG). In quiescent conditions, the component(s) with higher SG would fall to the bottom of mixture while the components with a lesser SG would be above. The decanter centrifuge increases the rate of settling by use of continuous rotation of the mixture thus increasing the force equivalent between 1,000 and 4,000 G’s. In order to achieve these high G forces, significant mechanical energy is needed. Decanter centrifuges are known to be compact in size compared to other means of achieving separation when high flow rates are involved.
DariTech offers six different sizes of decanting centrifuges; the smallest is targeted at farms with up to 600 cows and the larges up to 6,000 to 8,000 cows, with total motor horsepower ranging from 25 to 260 Hp. DariTech markets their decanting centrifuges to farms that wish to: reduce the solid loading to long-term storages/anaerobic lagoons, increase flush water quality be removing manure solids, and separate some manure nutrients (those bound to manure solids). Newtrient will continue to work with DariTech to further refine the cost and performance information as more information comes in with new commercial dairy installations.