The Dresser-Rand business, part of Siemens Power and Gas, is a leading supplier of mission-critical, high-speed rotating equipment solutions to the worldwide oil, gas, petrochemical, and process industries.As part of the global Siemens family, the Dresser-Rand business offers an equipment portfolio that includes turbo and reciprocating compressors; steam turbines; industrial and aero-derivative gas turbines; high-speed engines; and modular power substations. With the world’s largest installed base, one of the world’s largest technical support and service center networks, and a presence in more than 150 countries worldwide, the Dresser-Rand business delivers local solutions and services on a global scale.
Dresser-Rand has provided power generation from fuels as diverse as:
- Animal waste (biodigestion) biogas
- Sewage digester biogas
- Landfill biogas Wood, from gasification process syngas (gas engines)
- Processed wood waste, from gasification process syngas (gas engines)
- Forest residue, from gasification process syngas (gas engines)
- Solid waste, for steam turbines
- Food waste, for steam turbines
Siemens Gas Engines (SGE) and steam turbine generator sets play a major role in biomass power generation initiatives helping their clients to meet rising demand for energy in a more environmentally responsible way. They have worked successfully with OEMs, contractors, engineering companies, and end users to complete hundreds of biomass projects for steam turbines and also biodigestion processes for Siemens Gas Engines.
Dresser Rand Guascor® Gas + Diesel Engines
299 Lincoln St.
Worcester, MA 01605
- AD Support
- Equipment Vendor
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
- Produce electricity for on-site use and sale to the grid with a Utility Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Produce heat which is used on site to increase digester influent to proper temperature
- Proven technology for use with biogas
- Require scrubbing of hydrogen sulfide from biogas for best performance
- Require regular maintenance and monitoring
- Require specialized safety equipment
- Require a utility interconnect if power is sold to the grid
The Dressor-Rand Guascor engine is widely utilized in the biogas industry. This engine is supplied and supported by many different packagers, suppliers and distributors and these systems can be found on dairy digestion systems across the United States. These are reliable, proven performers that, with the proper maintenance, can provide years of service.