FEECO International, Inc. was founded in 1951 as an engineering and equipment manufacturer. FEECO is recognized globally as an expert in providing industry-leading process design, a range of engineering capabilities, including everything from process development and sample generation, feasibility studies, to detailed plant engineering, as well as manufacturing to a variety of industries, including: fertilizer and agriculture, mining and minerals, power/utility, paper, chemical processing, forest products and more. As the leading manufacturer of processing and handling equipment in North America, no company in the world can move or enhance a concept from process development to production like FEECO International, Inc.
Healthy animals and maximum production start with a clean bedding product. Whether that bedding is sand or recycled manure solids, one of the most critical factors in achieving a quality bedding product is managing the moisture content.
FEECO provides reliable, efficient, and engineered bedding dryers for producing a premium bedding product with a reduced pathogen content, while avoiding over drying.
FEECO dryers are capable of processing sand, recycled manure solids (for producing a dried manure solids/DMS bedding), chicken litter, paper sludge, and more. Each dryer is engineered around the unique characteristics of the material to ensure an optimized drying solution, with a wide range of customizations available. FEECO also offers comprehensive process development and testing capabilities to support the process in their R&D facility, The Innovation Center.
FEECO is the leading provider of custom rotary dryers and has been serving the agriculture industry domestically and abroad since 1951.
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Active Drying Technologies:
- Produce a marketable product, dry manure solids, and reduce transportation costs
- Require energy to reduce water content and dry manure solids, purchased energy cost are an issue
- Require operator attention in excess of other systems due to the risk of combustion
- Other compounds are released with the water (i.e. ammonia, hydrogen sulfide), and require additional treatment
- Potential loss of ammonia nitrogen due to volatilization
- Proven technology for storage reduction, odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Newtrient is working to supplement and validate the information about this technology, once confirmed a 9-Point Score will be issued.