For dairies and livestock operations that are processing animal waste, JWC’s grinders and macerators are often used to ensure manure or other slurry feedstocks do not clog pumps or pipelines. Animal manure is being turned into a valuable and profitable resource in farms around the world. When feeding a digester, bedding recovery system, centrifuge or composting, it is important to have a uniform feedstock without unwanted solids. Unfortunately during collection all kinds of unwanted debris can be mixed in with the manure such as wood, ear tags, bricks, straw, etc. JWC grinders are used to ensure that everything is cut down to size and will not clog or damage downstream pumps and processing equipment. Additionally grinding of the manure feedstock will increases the surface area of the materials to and can improve the efficiency of the systems digestion or composting systems.
Protect Solids Handling Pumps With The World’s Leading Grinder
Solids Handling Pumps may not be able to handle large debris. You can protect your solids handling pump and any other downstream equipment by installing a Monster Industrial HYDRO grinder. The 3-HYDRO and 4-HYDRO Open Channel grinders can handle must larger debris then your solids handling pumps. Stop pump clogs and pump repairs and keep your processes flowing with a Monster Industrial Grinder.
The 3-HYDRO & 4-HYDRO Open Channel grinders provide complete protection for downstream equipment – including pumps, valves, centrifuges and heat exchangers. Two rows of sharp, steel cutters rotate slowly and with incredibly high-torque to grind large solids that flow through pumps and pipelines into small particles. The 3-HYDRO & 4-HYDRO easily reduce troublesome solids that often cause problems. Typical applications include drill cuttings, oil sands processing, petroleum, pulp and paper mills, chemical plants, fish/beef/poultry processing, manure, and recycling plants.
The 1-HYDRO Inline Monster grinder provides complete protection for downstream equipment – in a small package. Packed with power, this grinder converts the 2-3 hp (1.5-2.2 kW) motor into a cutting force ready to keep fluids flowing through pumps, valves, centrifuges and heat exchangers. Two rows of sharp, steel cutters rotate slowly and with incredibly high-torque to break down solids in sewage, sludge and slurries. The 1-HYDRO easily bolts into pipeline and can be mounted in any orientation. The 1-HYDRO is an economical solution for lower flow applications. Its small package makes it ideal for protection sewage pumps in office buildings, apartment complexes, resorts and retail centers. It works well in food processing plants protecting systems in waste streams. 1-HYDROInline grinders are also found in digester, manure processing and food waste applications to protect processing systems or breakdown feedstocks.
- Protection from damaging solids for pumps, pipes, valves and process equipment
- Prevents clogs from stringy material like wipes, clothing, and other debris
- Economical grinder solution for lower flow applications or OEM equipment
- High cutting force will break down tough solids that clog or damage lesser systems
- Dual shafted, slow-speed, high-torque grinder easily shreds the toughest debris, including rocks, wood, plastics and other debris
- Compact and efficient design allows installation almost anywhere in any orientation
- Automated PLC Monitoring & Controls reduce interrupts and optimize grinder performance
- Wipes Ready™ Technology available to handle rags, wipes, clothing and more
- Hardened steel cutters for long life even with high solids loading
- Various cutter configurations and materials available to optimize the grinder performance for your specific application
2850 Red Hill Ave. #125
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- AD Support
- Equipment Vendor
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Newtrient is is aware of several working JWC inline and channel grinder technologies on dairies. The systems reduce the particle size of solids going into these systems which prevents the plugging of pumps and equipment downstream as well as increasing the surface area of the solids which can improve gas production in Anaerobic Digester systems.
The JWC equipment is robust and durable and their program of exchanging the grinders for rebuilding means that there is little major maintenance required on site.