Have you noticed more people are talking about Ecosystem Services Markets (ESMs) lately? Recently, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) released a memo that reiterates strong support for market-based solutions, or Ecosystem Services Markets, to improve water quality in the U.S.This represents yet another step in the right direction for dairy and agriculture to pursue collaborative, market-based solutions and achieve reduced greenhouse gases, improved water quality and soil health at a much lower cost to all.
On February 27, 2019, the Dairy Sustainability Alliance® hosted a webinar with Newtrient. The webinar topic was Ecosystem Services Markets (ESMs) and answered the following questions:
– What are Ecosystem Services Markets?
– How can dairy benefit from market-based approaches?
– Which states are already pursuing Ecosystem Services Markets?
– What projects are underway to pursue Ecosystem Services Markets?
– How can we make Ecosystem Services Markets a reality? And when?
– What is your role in advancing Ecosystem Services Markets?
View the February 27, 2019 Dairy Sustainability Alliance® webinar presentation.
You can also view this short video about how dairy can benefit from market-driven solutions.
Questions? Reach out to [email protected]