Centrisys Corporation – Decanter Centrifuge
Proud to be a USA Manufacturer – designed, engineered and built in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Centrisys is committed to providing the centrifuge technology you need to succeed. From specialized needs to standard options, Centrisys engineers are ready to deliver the best solution for your application. Centrisys Corporation’s line of innovative DT Series Decanter Centrifuges – the first decanter centrifuges developed specifically for the dairy industry – is the proven solution for dairymen challenged to do more with manure management to ensure profitability and achieve environmental goals.
The Centrisys decanter centrifuge is a technology which utilizes centrifugal force to separate solids away from the liquid in the manure slurry. The slurry is spun at high speeds within the centrifuge and the separated solids are extracted with a concentrically mounted scroll conveyor. Because the technology applies centrifugal force to the slurry, higher levels of solids and nutrient removal are achievable as compared with conventional (screen-based) manure separation methods.Although Centrisys decanter centrifuges are used across a wide-array of industries, anywhere it is necessary to separate solids from liquid, the DT series decanter is a Centrisys product made specifically with manure processing in mind – with special considerations given to the abrasive and potentially variable nature of manure and manure systems.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Centrifuge Technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in a lower solid liquid that will not plug equipment or irrigation quality “tea water” depending on whether the technology is used with or without polymer:
- Produces a stackable solid which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- There is significant variation of energy use depending on the site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- Can be used with or without polymer. Recovery rates and impact on critical indicators are better when used with polymer.
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY