FlowPress Liquid/Solid Separation – High Pressure Membrane Filter Technology (HPMFT)
FlowPress is an industry leader in liquid/solid separation technology. These type of HPMFT filter presses have a proven pedigree over many thousands of units over many years worldwide.
Coupled with this is the FlowPress ability to design/build a complete system incorporating associated feed/surge/storage tanks, pumps, conveyors, trailers that may be required in a given application.
The support for this technology is a staff with practical experience in the areas of testing, design, operation, fabrication and technical expertise necessary to bring your project to completion.
FlowPress equipment can effectively be used in clean up and recycling for industries such as manufacturing, mining, sustainable farming, construction and municipalities dealing with liquid/solid separation issues from bio-sludge ponds, waste water, run off, food processing waste, wash plant mud, impounds, drilling mud, concrete clean out dumps, concrete grinding and grooving slurry, hydro-blast slurry, creek restoration and more.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
FLowPress is currently working with dairies in California to optimize their technology. Newtrient will continue to work with FlowPress to further refine the cost and performance information and to complete a 9-Point score once a commercial dairy installation comes on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY