Hidrostal – Bedford Pumps – Hidrostal Pumps
About the Company:
Beford Pumps is a Hidrostal company that manufactures a variety of Heavy Duty Dry Install Wastewater Pumps, Submersible & Immersible Wastewater Pumps and Submersible Axial Flow pumps for wastewater and flood control.
This range features a more traditional wastewater design that features a shrouded, mulit vane impeller and is available in either a Dry-Pit/Bearing Frame design with multiple installation configuration in either a horizontal or vertical position. These hydraulics are also available in either Wet Well/Submersible or Dry-Pit/Immersible type featuring motors by Bedford Pumps. Materials of construction are standard cast iron, but they have great flexibility to provide alternate materials to meet your specification.
About the Solution:
Submersible/Immersible Units include these features:
- Mechanical Seals- Dual mounted within a fluid filled barrier chamber that provides lubrication and allows early warning detection of moisture intrusion.
- Bearings- Pre-lubricated, heavy duty, angular contact thrust bearings & deep groove ball journal bearings designed for maximum life.
- Sensors-Thermal overload thermistors imbedded into motor windings. Moisture detection sensors are mount into seal chamber. Additional bearing temp probes or other options are available.
- Wear Rings-Both impeller and pump casing include wear rings to extend life and maintain maximum performance.
- Impeller-High efficiency shrouded, multi vane impeller capable of handling solids and fibrous materials. Impellers are both statically and dynamically balanced to minimize loads and imbalance.
- Motor Cooling-Immersible motors feature a circulated oil bath. An internal impeller allows cooling fluid to pass a heat exchange are circulate around motor. This is a closed circulation system that does not utilize the pumped media directly.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
Newtrient will continue to work with Hidrostal Pumps to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY