Kyte Centrifuge, LLC – Decanting Centrifuge
SALES. SERVICE. SUPPORT.
About the Company:
Supplier of reconditioned and new centrifuges for manure separation.
About the Solution:
- Capable of solids separation down to 25 microns or less
- No screens of filter media used
- No polymer or coagulants needed
- Up to 40% dry solids discharge
- Separates 55-75% of volatile solids
- 30-50% less costly than new centrifuges
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Centrifuge Technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in a lower solid liquid that will not plug equipment or irrigation quality “tea water” depending on whether the technology is used with or without polymer:
- Produces a stackable solid which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- There is significant variation of energy use depending on the site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- Can be used with or without polymer. Recovery rates and impact on critical indicators are better when used with polymer.
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
Newtrient will continue to work with Kyte to further refine the cost and performance information as more information comes in with new commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY