LSM Pumps – Peristaltic Pumps
About the Company:
LSM Pumps is family owned and have been serving the agricultural and biogas sectors since mid-1990.
When pumping any kind of biomaterial, the LSM hose pump is an excellent option since is not affected by grit, high fiber or solids content. The LSM hose pump can handle up to 80% solids – even chicken litter!
The pumps have very low energy consumption, making them a very attractive when calculating the Carbon Intensity (CI) score of a biogas project.
About the Solution:
The LSM hose pump is an efficient, reliable and a very energy efficient pump. LSM pumps have few special requirements in regard to installation and due to their slim design, can easy be adapted to many installations. LSM pumps can also be used as part of a mobile unit – the forklift pockets on frame makes it easy to move to other work sites.
LSM pumps are one of the easiest pump to maintain – no special tools or special training is required. Replacement of a hose typically take less than an hour can be done with the pump still connected to the application: open the hinged door and you have free access!
Technical advantages of LSM pumps:
- Its self-priming – high suction capacity
- Sealed construction and no backflow
- Solid and larger objects can pass
- Suitable for high viscosity and dry matter content
- eversible rotation
- No special tool or training required for maintenance
- Easy to fit or adapt to other applications in a production line
- Multiple add-on components for the LSM pumps include temperature, pressure and leak detection sensors
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
Newtrient is currently working with LSM to provide additional information on it's solution and installations. They have not received a 9-Point Score because they have no dairy installations in the US at this time.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY