Parabel – Duckweed System
About the Company:
Parabel has developed a unique way of capturing the goodness of an ancient and well known food source, Water Lentils, and transforming it into healthy and sustainable products for the 21st century. This proprietary technology will transform today’s food and feed landscape and contribute to global sustainability in any number of ways.
About the Solution:
Parabel's solution enables the commercial scale production of feed, food and industrial products. The company's license model is designed to provide an attractive return to a wide range of customers, including strategic and financial entities. The model is based on replicated Lemna growth systems enabling a staged build-out to accommodate different financial or strategic goals.
Parabel's strategy is to license and provide management support in regions with suitably balanced climates, generally located in equatorial or tropical areas. Due to demographic and economic trends these areas are often characterized by high and growing demand for Parabel's product platform.
Parabel has started its commercialization stage and continues to seek customers, partners and investors interested in:
- Compelling investment returns
- Scalable, flexible system
- High-value product platform
- Extensive support services
- Global network of customers, partners
- Significant social, environmental value
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
Parabel has been unresponsive to Newtrient's multiple attempts to supplement or validate the information about this technology.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY