CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, they deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. Their client base includes both government and industry. The firm is distinguished by their leadership and flexibility in design-build and alternative delivery approaches for environmental and infrastructure projects.
The Vision of CDM Smith is to be a global water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities firm committed to exceptional client service to improve the environment and infrastructure. To achieve their vision, CDM Smith strives to be:
- Preeminent in the eyes of clients by delivering the right total solutions and setting the standard for exceptional value and service.
- The employer of choice by providing superior opportunities for the best people in the industry.
- A full-service, global firm that is financially strong and growing through the business and technical performance of our people.
75 State Street, Suite 701
Boston, , MA 02109
- Service Provider
Technology Strengths,Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Consultants, Developers & Service Providers:
- Can be an integral part of a project team
- Generally used to provide specific expertise or to reduce the responsibility or risk
- Most projects have at least some Consultants, Developers and Service Providers
- Consultants are generally hired to oversee or advise in a specific area of expertise
- Developers usually are responsible for the entire project
- Service Providers typically provide services in a particular area of expertise
- No Consultant, Developer or Service Provider can make a bad project successful
In 1947, Thomas Camp left the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to set up a consulting practice with partners Herman Dresser and Jack McKee. Camp pioneered drinking water treatment technologies such as dual-media filters and direct filtration - still in practice today. McKee advanced approaches in water quality protection and groundwater recharge. Dresser established the character and business practices of the firm, emphasizing teamwork, employee development and exceptional client service. From this partnership came the company that is today CDM Smith an engineering firm that has global capabilities but is still committed to the principles it was founded on.
CDM Smith is currently working on several dairy related projects in New York and Wisconsin as well as a large dairy project in California.. Their role as an EPC contractor is to bring together the many different technical experts in anaerobic digestion, biogas upgrading, lagoon storage and many others involved in the project and in a way to serve as that "one neck to hang", the one point of contact that takes the responsibility for everything being done correctly, on time and within budget.
Newtrient will work with the team at CDM Smith to monitor their process on their first dairy related project and once it is operational they will be scored on the Newtrient 9-Point Scoring System.