Agpro, Inc – HS-II Conveyor Separator (Scrape)
Cow Cooling and Waste Management
About the Company:
Agpro, Inc. is an established company with over 50 years’ experience in Design, Engineering and Equipment for collection and processing of animal wastes and organic food processing wastes. They manufacture and design equipment and systems for conveying, cleaning, pumping, agitating, de-watering and general processing of animal and organic food waste.
Their staff consists of Engineers, Research and Development, Production Specialists and Sales and Marketing. Agpro, Inc. endeavors to not just stay current with new guidelines, but to exceed them. Agpro Inc. considers every order custom because each of their clients has different needs.
About the Solution:
Agpro’s HS-II Stainless Steel 36” wide Conveyor Separator has unibody construction with perforated screen. Motor and gearbox are Eurostyle with variable speed drive. The unit has integral spray bars under the screen to facilitate cleaning. Unit has inflow bypass and includes a dual roller combination with adjustable tension springs to control dryness. Mount frames, catwalk, and other minor parts are hot dip galvanized. Electrical controls are included.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Slope Screen technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
Formed in 1962, AgPro has a long track record of manufacturing reliable gravity based solid liquid separation equipment for dairy farms. With hundreds of separators on farms in the U.S., AgPro is a market leader in coarse solid liquid separation equipment. Gravity based separation systems work well on dilute manure streams resulting from flush collection or sand separation systems. Bedding sand removal is recommended for gravity separators with moving parts. Screen glazing can be an issue depending on water quality and biofilm growth, but is easily addressed by routine cleaning and maintenance.
Newtrient will continue to work with AgPro to further refine the cost and performance information on their solution. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY