AL-2 – Band Filter Press
AL-2 Agro A/S was founded in 2008 with the aim to focus on the agricultural products produced by AL-2 Teknik A/S. Today there is a considerable interest for AL-2 products from several countries, especially the U.S., where phosphorus in liquid slurry is a major challenge.
This process utilizes chemicals to precipitate and flocculate phosphorus and fine solids. After the chemical addition, the coagulated solids are dewatered using a porous, inclined belt. Further dewatering of sludge is completed using a screw press separator.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY