AmmonGas – Ammonia Stripping –
Ammongas is a Danish company founded in 2004 with more than 39 plants spread out over Northern Europe. The upgrading plants are designed and built by our dedicated engineers with focus on a mixture of sustainability and efficiency. The upgrading plants deliver a high concentration of methane that can be injected directly into the natural gas grid or be used for transport to the benefit of the environment. The plants are energy efficient and designed as compact systems with a minimal need for service.
Ammongas offers removal of ammonia/ammonium from watery solutions by a steamstripping process. By this process the ammonia can then be produced as a concentrated solution of an ammonia salt or as concentrated ammonia water.The process is best suited for high concentrations (several thousand ppm), that by this process can be reduced to 1-200ppm.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Ammonia-N can be harvested from manure and digestate using proven chemical/thermal processes:
- Produces a concentrated source of nitrogen from a renewable source
- Requires pre-treatment to remove coarse and fine solids
- Pairs well with anaerobic digesters because digesters convert organic N into ammonium
- Chemical storage required for process chemicals and final product
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, odor control, and pathogen reduction
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY