Bellmer – Screw Press
Your personal partner to success...
In 1972 Bellmer Separation Technology was founded. They focus on perfect separation of liquids and solids. The products clean water, filter almost any liquid, press sludges to highest dryness or produce quality food juices.
The family-owned company, founded 1842 in Germany, is worldwide installing high-class equipment in more than 60 industries. So, over the years the Bellmer group has been growing: Today there are 10 official Bellmer sites and service sites with more than 700 highly qualified specialist all over the world.
The treatment of the output of wet digestion plants serves several purposes, from simple phase separation in order to improve storage properties, to processes that aim at an optimum separation of nutrients in order to provide best fertilizer management for a certain region. The attributes of Bellmer products include: Long standing expertise Screw Press Production in Germany Unique process technology Flexible combination of process steps
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Screw press technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
Newtrient will continue to work with Bellmer to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY