BioMass Solution – Anaerobic Digesters
Building the Infrastructure of The Future
BioMass Solution’s mission is to bring financially and environmentally restorative and sustainable, low carbon or carbon negative solutions to undervalued and problematic waste. Through this, they are solving an environmental problem, producing renewable energy and products and decarbonizing the environment. They do this while creating jobs, contributing to the local tax base, and providing strong financial returns.
BioMass Solution has partnerships with a number of technology providers that have been in place for years. These partnerships allow BioMass Solution to have access to the latest iteration of the technology as well as a direct line to the key personnel in these companies. This helps ensure that projects in expected timeframes and perform at or beyond expectations.
BioMass Solution is focused in the three main areas. First and foremost they are a project development company. Their core strength is matching technologies in their portfolio with problematic waste streams. They work on net new projects or can evaluate add-on technology enhancements to current deployments.Through their technology assessment process they provide concise feedback on best fit technology prior to investment. Proper assessment is crucial for improved outcomes for all parties. Once the proper solution has been evaluated and matched, BioMass Solution can license the technology for the application. BioMass Solutions can also provide feasibility assessments, project buildup and scoping, and participate in the execution of development to maximize the return and capitalizing on carbon credit opportunities. BioMass Solution is committed to decarbonization efforts and can provide a step-by step approach to achieve these goals, including assistance in ESG reporting.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Newtrient will continue to work with BioMass Solution to further refine the cost and performance information on their technologies and services. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY