ClearSpan Fabric Structures – Durable Building Solutions
Improve Manure Management on Any Operation
ClearSpan Fabric Structures provides ideal composting conditions that can be designed to the needs of any operation. A ClearSpan compost storage building can improve efficiency by creating an all-weather facility that eliminates many of the environmental risks that accompany composting. These structures encourage high nutrient retention and protect against the extremes of the sun, wind and rain, which can all adversely affect the balance of manure piles. With maximum ventilation, ClearSpan structures can improve air quality and create the perfect manure decomposition and handling environment.
ClearSpan buildings can be built up to 300′ wide and at any length. With plenty of clearance, compost management is simple. The buildings accommodate even the largest vehicles and machinery. The buildings don’t have internal support posts, so skid steers, conveyors, pay loaders, windrow turning equipment and more can be easily operated within the building.
Managing the composting process is difficult enough, so ClearSpan makes it easier by creating a controlled environment that maximizes the end product’s quality. Whether it’s sorting, shredding, screening, curing or all of these, ClearSpan makes the best compost storage structure. Advantages include:
- low cost per sq. ft.
- Environmentally friendly – Limits contamination
- Maximum ventilation – Improved air quality, less odor
- Drastically limits runoff – Maintain a healthy surrounding environment
- Natural lighting reduce electricity needs
- Custom, stock and turnkey designs available
- Industry-leading warranties – 50 years on frame, 20 years on fabric covers
ClearSpan has a 40 year legacy of building compost structures. Over this time, ClearSpan has combined engineering expertise with manufacturing experience to ensure each customer gets exactly what they need. Compost buildings from ClearSpan are built with each customer’s solution in mind. Whether the structure will be used on a small farm or a commercial composting facility, ClearSpan will tailor each structure to the most specific building requirements. Need a building fast? ClearSpan has plenty of turnkey (includes design, delivery and installation in one, low price) and stock options.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
Newtrient is working with ClearSpan to validate the information in the catalog and to better understand it's role in the dairy industry.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY