CST Industries, Inc – Storage Tanks
CST Industries is the world's leading complete storage and cover solution provider for BioEnergy applications.
About the Company:
When you need components and options for state-of-the-art BioEnergy storage solutions, turn to CST Industries, Inc. CST Industries (CST) is a global leader in the manufacture and installation of the finest factory coated steel storage tanks, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. CST has been designing and manufacturing digester, biofuel and biomass storage tanks and covers for more than 100 years and has over 275,000 installations in more than 135 countries around the world
About the Solution:
CST, formerly A.O. Smith, has been manufacturing agricultural tanks for over 60 years. With their world class brands of Harvestore, Slurrystore, Nutristore and XL Unloader, they believe no other company invests in advancing agricultural productivity more than CST.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Liquid Storage Technologies:
- Produces no salable product in most instances
- Can be used with other technologies to form complete systems
- May be aerobic (open top) or anaerobic (sealed top)
- Includes unlined lagoons, lined lagoons, concrete tanks, bolted steel tanks
- Can represent a safety hazard on farm from drowning, asphyxiation and poison gas accumulation depending on structure and location
The value of being able to store and use products at the proper time and without adverse environmental effect is an area that will become increasingly important. The experience and wide variety of options provided by the varied product line of CST products means that they provide a wide ranges of prices and costs.
Newtrient will continue to work with CST Industries to further refine their cost and performance information as well as specifics of their product line as it relates to commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY