DairyPower – Aeration System
Manure Management System
Dairypower Equipment is a leading Irish designer and manufacturer of high-quality agricultural manure handling equipment. Specializing in manure management solutions for cattle, hogs and poultry, Dairypower exports their systems to over 30 countries Worldwide. They are passionate about what they do, continuously looking at ways to improve and develop products and are committed to helping the future of today’s farmer.
The aeration system has a long-life electric drive unit which operates on a high volume & low pressure basis, this smooth operation doesn’t disturb the animals. The unique fully automatic Dairypower rotary valve aerates a section of the manure tank for set time periods. This process eliminates the build-up of dangerous gases like methane and hydrogen sulphide, which are associated with manually agitating manure. Ideal for:
- Cattle, hog and poultry manure management
- Treatment plants and industrial sites
- Concrete tanks, manure stores and lagoons
- Uniform consistency and even distribution
- Introducing cost-efficient farming methods
- Cost-Effective - Reduces fertilizer costs: The introduction of oxygen also helps to reduce the loss of nitrogen from the manure which makes the manure a more valuable asset, reducing the need for chemical fertilizer
- Increases Nitrogen Values from as much as 2.7% to 4% when aerated (in dry matter)
- Increases Ammonia Nitrogen Values as much as 1.4% to 2.4% when aerated (in dry matter)
- Eliminates the release of dangerous gases such as methane and hydrogen sulphide
- No need for a tractor agitator and the dangers that accompany it
- Complete consistency – in the distribution of manure nutrients
- System can be retro-fitted to any tank
- Manure is in an ideal state to be used with low emission manure spreading equipment i.e. dribble bar, shallow injection spreader etc.
- Manure is maintained in a homogeneous, easy-to-manage state 365 days a year
- Evenly distributes the manure nutrients giving complete consistency
- The crop has a better regrowth rate after spreading
- Improved palatability of the feed
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Primarily applicable for flush system followed by primary solids separation and within a region that has concerns regarding local odor emissions from long-term storage lagoons.
- Capital costs for the mechanical surface aerators and their platforms/electrical connections are moderate.
- Operating costs, even with limited aeration can be high due to high utility costs for continuous operation of energy intensive aerators.
- Well-researched, understood and engineered system with multiple vendor platforms available across industries, including manure treatment.
- Several types of aerators are available in the market that are suited for dairy operations.
- Specification requirements of aeration equipment and its installation depend on farm size, manure characteristics, and odor mitigation goals of that dairy farm.
DairyPower has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with DairyPower to further refine the cost and performance information on their technologies and services. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as U.S. dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY