DariTech, Inc. – Decanting Centrifuge
Cows • Land • Passion
About the Company:
DariTech was founded in 1990 and has grown to be a top to bottom dairy service and supply company worldwide. Taking what we’ve learned in the field, DariTech’s design team has developed a diversified product line that meets the needs of today’s modern dairies. DariTech’s ability to design and manufacture DariTech’s own components lets us personally ensure the quality of each product. DariTech’s equipment is built to be durable and functional not only today, but also for years to come. DariTech’s goal is to provide every customer with a long-term value for their investment.
About the Solution:
DariTech, Inc., as a leading provider of innovative dairy manure handling systems throughout North America, has joined up with Vision Machine, Inc., to bring you the most cost efficient, durable decanter centrifuge on the market. U.S. built, with field serviceable wear parts, DT centrifuges provide modern dairy operations with the ability to manage their manage as best fits the operation. From the ability to closed loop flush dairies that use little water, to center pivot irrigation without clogging nozzles, to compact and simple nutrient recovery, DT centrifuge systems are customized for dairy goals.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Centrifuge Technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in a lower solid liquid that will not plug equipment or irrigation quality “tea water” depending on whether the technology is used with or without polymer:
- Produces a stackable solid which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- There is significant variation of energy use depending on the site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site, use of polymer, and by technology
- Can be used with or without polymer. Recovery rates and impact on critical indicators are better when used with polymer.
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
DariTech offers six different sizes of decanting centrifuges; the smallest is targeted at farms with up to 600 cows and the larges up to 6,000 to 8,000 cows, with total motor horsepower ranging from 25 to 260 Hp. DariTech markets their decanting centrifuges to farms that wish to: reduce the solid loading to long-term storages/anaerobic lagoons, increase flush water quality be removing manure solids, and separate some manure nutrients (those bound to manure solids). Newtrient will continue to work with DariTech to further refine the cost and performance information as more information comes in with new commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY