DMT Clear Gas Solutions – Biogas Upgrading and Desulfurization Technology
Our Challenge: to create a clear and prosperous future
About the Company:
With over 30 years of worldwide experience, DMT Clear Gas Solutions offers an extensive portfolio of biogas upgrading and gas desulfurization technologies to dairy companies not only building a clean, sustainable future but also seeking a profitable return on investment. As global industry leaders in the renewable energy sector, we are the fastest growing biogas company, dedicated to delivering efficient and reliable systems to North America. With offices in the United States, Canada and Europe, our team of experts, scientists and engineers offer 24/7 customer support. DMT is a trusted, reliable partner whose mission is to create a clear and prosperous future.
About the Solution:
When it comes to biogas upgrading dairy manure, the highest priority to maximize profit is to increase uptime on a gas cleaning system. DMT offers the Carborex®MS—a modular, easily transportable system designed to create a small footprint. This containerized solution is quick to start-up and is the best the industry offers in terms of energy efficiency and economic performance. This modern solution requires no columns, chemicals or water to operate, allowing for low operational costs. Operation of the system is easy and can be monitored remotely 24/7. A simple compression step, combined with our multi-stage membrane technology, results in 20-100% flow flexibility, over 98% uptime, and a purified renewable natural gas (RNG) stream of more than 99%.This clean RNG can be subsequently used for pipeline injection, in replacement of natural gas, or compressed or liquefied for transportation fuel.
Desulfurization is an essential step in turning biogas, which usually contains hydrogen sulfide (H 2 S), to high-quality renewable natural gas (RNG). The Sulfurex®BR technology combines the flexibility of a chemical process with the low operational cost of a biological system. Its easy operational use produces high biological activity able to handle short peak loads with low risk of clogging. Limited waste streams results in sulfur sludge containing greater than 95% elemental sulfur as a reusable by-product, such as sulfur fertilizer. Thanks to the continuous regeneration of the caustic solution, the Sulfurex®BR achieves high removal efficiencies rates of H 2 S greater than 99% with minimal chemical consumption.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Biogas upgrading technology:
- Produces renewable natural gas (RNG) by removing carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, nitrogen, oxygen and water vapor from biogas
- Includes technologies such as membrane separation, pressure swing absorption and water scrubbing
- Used to treat biogas from an anaerobic digester
- Most systems are technically complex
- Interconnection to the national gas infrastructure typically requires large systems and proximity to large volume gas lines
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY