EnSave – Energy Solutions
Positioning agriculture for success
EnSave is a diversified energy and environmental services company committed to helping its clients achieve their resource conservation goals. Since 1991, EnSave has designed and implemented energy and greenhouse gas reduction programs for a variety of clients including federal agencies, state governments, and energy utilities. Having focused heavily on the agricultural and food processing sectors, EnSave has developed a reputation as the leader in agricultural energy efficiency.
EnSave has designed and implemented dozens of statewide energy efficiency programs throughout the United States and has a strong record of overdelivering on savings goals. They pride themselves on their flexibility and ability to respond quickly to the needs of their clients and the marketplace at large. EnSave’s knowledge of utility, federal, state, and local funding programs enables them to bring a high level of creativity in leveraging additional funding and generating new program components for their clients, enhancing their ability to exceed program targets.
The primary focus areas of EnSave's solutions are supporting the selection of energy efficiency, solar PV, and manure management systems. Drawing on 25 years of industry knowledge and their reputation as a trusted third-party expert, EnSave provides farms with:
- Unbiased decision support and experienced project oversight
- Solicitation and evaluation of vendor proposals
- Oversight of project implementation
- Advocacy of the farm’s interests
- Identification of leveraged funds (grants, loans, tax credits) to maximize return on investment
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
EnSave has a long history working with the dairy industry to identify energy savings and opportunities to reduce costs. They have a client list that reads like the who's who of the dairy industry and they also work well with state and federal agencies to bring value to the projects they are involved in.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY