EnTech – Anaerobic Digestion
Making clean energy smarter.
About the Company:
EnTech Solutions, a division of FTI, provides distributed energy capabilities, electric vehicle charging, innovative sustainable fuel technologies and asset management solutions for businesses looking for reliable, clean energy solutions. EnTech Solutions develops energy solutions from concept to reality.
About the Solution:
From project concept through commissioning, EnTech Solutions partners with dairy farmers to produce marketable, renewable energy from agricultural waste. Their team of renewable natural gas experts have proven experience in anaerobic digestion and modular gas processing solutions to help drive value throughout the project lifecycle.
EnTech Solutions also supplies innovative distributed energy solutions through advanced microgrid technology. Their turnkey microgrids offer cost-effective, resilient, and reliable energy. They provide fully integrated distributed energy resource systems utilizing renewables, power storage and the utility grid to create sustainable, economical energy. Their modular microgrid solution delivers secure power for uninterrupted operations.
Finally, intelligent modeling software developed by EnTech ensures operational and financial outcomes from the start of the project. In addition, their advanced monitoring platform, EnTech Energy Center, provides visibility to and control of your microgrid.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
EnTech Solutions has recently been added to the technology catalog, Newtrient will continue to work with them to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY