Frost Methane – Carbon Offsets and Monitored Flares
About the Company:
Frost Methane pays landowners, mineral rights owners, and farmers who deploy Frost Methane’s turnkey, methane management solutions at their sites. Frost Methane’s technology is designed to neutralize methane from manure ponds, abandoned coal mines, and landfills, which earns carbon offset revenue that they share with their customers.
About the Solution:
Frost Methane strives to help farms earn annual revenue from carbon offset markets for managing manure pond methane. Frost provides a full service by registering the project with carbon markets, installing and maintaining the flare and monitoring devices, and handling carbon market 3rd party auditing and sale of credits. If a manure pond cover already exists, there's no cost for this service. If no cover exists, Frost may provide financing for manure pond covers, in some cases to be repaid from future carbon market revenue.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Consultants, Developers & Service Providers:
- Can be an integral part of a project team
- Generally used to provide specific expertise or to reduce the responsibility or risk
- Most projects have at least some Consultants, Developers and Service Providers
- Consultants are generally hired to oversee or advise in a specific area of expertise
- Developers usually are responsible for the entire project
- Service Providers typically provide services in a particular area of expertise
- No Consultant, Developer or Service Provider can make a bad project successful
Frost Methane has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with Frost Methane to further refine the cost and performance information on their solution. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY