Generate Capital – Project Development
Let's rebuild the world together.
About the Company:
Founded in 2014, Generate builds, owns, and operates sustainable infrastructure to deliver affordable and reliable resource solutions for companies, governments, and communities. Generate currently has more than 30 technology and project development partners and serves more than 400 clients.
About the Solution:
Generate Capital builds, owns, operates and finances assets in:
- Sustainable Water, Waste & Agriculture (anaerobic digesters, wastewater treatment, desalination, food waste management, recycling/reuse, precision agriculture, farm automation, irrigation, sensors & meters).
- Sustainable Energy (microgrids, solar, energy storage, lighting, HVAC systems, fuel cells, geothermal, biomass & biogas, building automation & sensors, heat pumps, smart meters)
- Sustainable Mobility (electric vehicles, hydrogen vehicles, autonomous vehicles, charging depots & infrastructure, fleets)
They adhere to an approach they call the 4Ds in their investments:
- Decentralized: from big, monolithic, and inflexible to small, distributed, modular , flexible, and resilient
- Decarbonized: from dirty to clean
- Digitized: from analog to digital
- Democratized: From regulated monopolies to multiple options for customers
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Newtrient will continue to work with Generate Capital to further discuss their engagement model and gather information as it becomes available.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY