Gruppo Energy Future – Anaerobic Digester Developer
About the Company:
Gruppo Energy Future builds, owns, and operates facilities that transform organic waste, cow manure on dairy farms, into renewable natural gas (RNG). Their management team consists of dairy and agriculture professionals and energy sector leaders, who bring cutting-edge technology, design, engineering, and operations to on-farm RNG production. Gruppo Energy Future’s anaerobic digesters can convert liquid or solid food and beverage waste into renewable energy.
About the Solution:
Gruppo Energy Future provides solutions for all types of organic waste. From food waste to livestock manure, they have technology to handle any challenging feedstock. Their systems include “wet” Anaerobic Digesters for both agricultural and urban organics, Organic Repurposing Facilities (ORF’s), High-Solids Anaerobic Digesters, and more.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Gruppo Energy Future has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with Gruppo Energy Future to further refine the cost and performance information on their solution. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY