Hydrocal – Belt Filter Press
THE SOLUTION IS CLEAR
About the Company:
Since Hydrocal’s initial founding in California in 1985, HydroCal has expanded globally and is now successfully supplying systems to a variety of industries for over 25 years. Installations are located throughout the United States and in Asia, Europe, Latin America, Mexico, South Africa, Middle East, Australia, and Canada.
About the Solution:
The HydroCal Stainless Steel Belt Presses easily and economically solve the problem of dewatering sludge. Their stainless steel construction guarantees years of reliable service with virtually no maintenance, no painting and no corrosion even in both hostile municipal and industrial environments.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY