IEC Covers – Storage Tank Covers
Industrial & Environmental Concepts, Inc., (IEC), is widely recognized as the worldwide leader in the design, fabrication, and installation of industrial cover and liner systems. Incorporated in 1993, IEC has established itself as the industry leader in the modular and insulated cover market.
Recently introduced IEC Flexible Clarifier Cover can be used on manure storage tanks and tanks of all sizes. The cover is constructed of industrial grade. U.V. protected geomembrane with anticipated service life of 15-20 years, offered in grey or green colors. Each cover is custom designed for local wind, rain and snowfall conditions.
A stainless steel tensioning system distributes the load evenly around the tanks circumference. If large equipment needs to be installed or removed, the cover can be disassembled and removed in approximately a ½ day.
This flexible cover is ideal for engineers and operators searching for an affordable, long-term cover solution.
IEC’s Manure Storage Covers are:
- A fraction of the weight of conventional hard dome covers.
- Versatile, giving operators the option for windows, pipes and venting.
- Custom-designed for you with numerous options available, including viewing windows, sampling ports, and a multitude access designs.
- Anchored with industrial rated stainless steel ratchets and stainless steel hardware that is simple and efficient.
- Extremely durable, with a projected 15+ year service life with virtually no maintenance.
- Easily removed if large equipment needs to be installed or removed.
- A great solution for manure storage tanks or any tank that rainwater, temperature loss or odors need to be managed.
- Offered with gas-tight and semi gas-tight options
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
NOTE: There are multiple technologies that are used as part of integrated manure management systems and yet are not manure management types on their own. The impact of these technologies on their own would be minimal or very difficult to quantify.
General Support & Other:
- Can be an integral part of many manure management systems
- Most projects have at least some equipment that supports operations of the main technology
- This technology is not evaluated on its own, the NEAT Matrix for this technology is neutral unless utilized with other technologies.
Liquid Storage Technologies:
- Produces no salable product in most instances
- Can be used with other technologies to form complete systems
- May be aerobic (open top) or anaerobic (sealed top)
- Includes unlined lagoons, lined lagoons, concrete tanks, bolted steel tanks
- Can represent a safety hazard on farm from drowning, asphyxiation and poison gas accumulation depending on structure and location
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY