Kore Infrastructure Pyrolysis –
Kore’s solution overcomes environmental challenges faced by California’s ag industry by (1) producing a sustainable environmental and economic benefit from agricultural waste and (2) generating a sustainable revenue stream through the sale of cleaner-burning, renewable transportation fuels mandated and supported by California regulations — renewable natural gas (RNG) and hydrogen (RH2) — and a high-value soil amendment (biochar). Because of these significant environmental benefits and the low carbon intensity of Kore’s process, Kore’s RNG and RH2 sales also generate significant revenues from state and federal credits.Kore is looking for partners in the agricultural industry that can provide a continuous stream of dry manure or other agricultural waste feedstock. In return, Kore will share the credit revenues generated from the sale of the transportation fuels produced.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- May produce a soil amendment in the form of biochar or ash
- Biochar does not yet have an established, stable commercial market
- There is significant variation in energy use and recovery depending on feedstock
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology, many technologies require pairing with other technologies to offer a comprehensive manure management solution
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, odor control and pathogen reduction
- This technology loses nitrogen to the atmosphere
Newtrient will continue to work with Kore to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY