Increased Farm Efficiency, Longevity, Profitability
About the Company:
LF Bioenergy believes they can help dairy farms prosper by partnering with them to build renewable energy facilities that provide positive benefits for the environment and a diversified revenue stream for the farm. Their goal is to equip sustainable farms with the resources they need to create successful projects. They pride themselves on their ability to partner with farmers, understand the needs and goals of the farm, and helping to build stability in a seemingly volatile market.
Because of their deep level of experience in renewable energy, oil & gas, and agriculture they believe that they can help design top-tier facilities that are second to none. By doing this they can support your farm’s future and do their part for the environment and for your farm. Helping you meet your sustainability goals and bringing in new profit is their focus.
About the Solution:
LF Bioenergy is a new breed of Renewable Natural Energy developer. Unlike many developers they...
- Build real partnerships with farmers
- Live in the Ag world and Energy industry
- Design around your farm’s operations
- Staff their facilities with highly trained operators
LF is backed by a $1B Renewable Energy Fund and is fully open to co-investing with farmer partners. Their financial backing gives you the ability to move forward without any debt financing delays.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
LF Bioenergy does not yet have a 9-Point Score as they have no operating projects in North America. Newtrient will continue to work with LF Bioenergy to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY