Martin Energy Group – Biogas Engines
An industry leader in the design and manufacturing of complete power plant packages
About the Company:
Biogas is the only way of producing durable energy that offers us the possibility to match supply with demand. Then how is it that the world is not filled with biogas installations?
The idea of Biolectric originated in 2009 with the answer to that question. After building a proof-of-concept installation in 2011, Philippe Jans – reinforced by the steady investor he found in the family Westerlund (Taste Invest) and together with Jan Palmaers and Jonathan Schrauwen – established Biolectric.
In the following three years, various technical innovations (some of which now patented) caused reliability to increase significantly and labour for the end customer to reduce dramatically.
Today the product is mature and with representation in about a dozen countries, Biolectric successfully spreads its international wings.
About the Solution:
Martin Energy Group offers a wide variety of Bio-Gas Engines specifically designed to operate on different types of bio-gas fuels. These bio-gas engines are coupled to a generator and produce electricity at maximum efficiencies. High efficiency production of electricity enables the end user to maximize the electrical output from the bio-gas and optimize the economic performance of renewable and sustainable energy.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
- Produce electricity for on-site use and sale to the grid with a Utility Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Produce heat which is used on site to increase digester influent to proper temperature
- Proven technology for use with biogas
- Require scrubbing of hydrogen sulfide from biogas for best performance
- Require regular maintenance and monitoring
- Require specialized safety equipment
- Require a utility interconnect if power is sold to the grid
Martin Energy Group does extensive work supplying engine/generator systems to the following biogas industries:
- Anaerobic Digester Gas
- Landfill Gas
- Coal Bed Gas
- Synthesis Gas
- Sewage Gas
- Petroleum Gas/ Flare Gas
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY