MRI Bio-Cel – Membrane Bio Reactor
Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems
About the Company:
Rely on Meurer Research (MRI) for Sophisticated, Simple Solutions Advanced Design for Municipal and Industrial Treatment Systems. Meurer Research, Inc engineers and manufactures sophisticated products to solve complex issues facing water and wastewater treatment facilities worldwide.
About the Solution:
Meurer Research, Inc.‘s new ultra-effective, ultrafiltration Bio-Cel® Membrane Bio Reactor. This innovative, new membrane filtration system, exclusively from MRI, delivers the simple answer to effective wastewater treatment for today and tomorrow. Increased capacity, optimal flow rate and significantly higher effluent quality are gained—all in a reliable, automatic system with a 50% smaller footprint.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY