Nacelle Solutions – Gas Upgrading
Turnkey Biogas Upgrading Systems
Nacelle’s founders and management have spent their entire careers in the Energy service business. With a history rooted in solving problems for their customers, they believe their greatest asset is their service background and track record of delivering results on every project.
Nacelle designs, owns, and operates gas upgrading technologies that enable biogas project developers to produce sustainable energy with economic benefits. Nacelle has deep expertise in gas processing (treatment, sulfur removal, compression, BTU upgrading, etc.) and transportation (pipeline injection, interconnects, virtual pipeline, etc.) to efficiently get biogas from field to market.
Nacelle is a service provider committed to delivering solutions that enable projects to proceed. Nacelle has developed a business model grounded in owning and operating gas upgrading systems, remains engaged throughout the entire life of the project, and is vested in delivering the desired results. If the project requires owning the upgrading equipment, Nacelle will design and sell upgrading systems.
Nacelle provides fully customized, turn-key solutions between the digester & pipeline or other gas off-takes.
- Own & operate gas upgrading conditioning systems
- Digester operations
- Compression, upgrading & pipeline interconnect expertise
- Capable of integrating any or all components of Nacelle’s system with any equipment already in place
- Multiple H2S removal options available based on project to reduce operating costs
- Can enhance waste stream to provide industrial-grade CO2 to market
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Biogas upgrading technology:
- Produces renewable natural gas (RNG) by removing carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, nitrogen, oxygen and water vapor from biogas
- Includes technologies such as membrane separation, pressure swing absorption and water scrubbing
- Used to treat biogas from an anaerobic digester
- Most systems are technically complex
- Interconnection to the national gas infrastructure typically requires large systems and proximity to large volume gas lines
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY