Neucadia, LLC – Plate Press
About the Company:
Far from the ordinary, Neucadia strives to raise the standards of the agri-tech industry and turn great ideas into practical solutions.
About the Solution:
Neucadia’s solution is the Plate Press. Sand laden manure is pumped through the press by cam-powered pistons. The liquid is then pressed out and goes to a solar evaporator. The sand and organics (undigested feed) are run over a vibrating screen where the sand drops out and is sent back to the storage area to be composed and reused. The liquid is condensed to a syrup state and is remixed with the organics, then run through a second plate press. The resulting product is dry manure pellets. The beauty of the press is in the special plates—they absorb the sand during use which greatly extends the life of the equipment.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY