Nijhuis Industries – Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF)
Solid solutions in a fluid world
Solid Solutions In A Fluid World
Nijhuis Industries delivers solid solutions for sustainable water use & resource recovery, with the highest level of intelligent innovations across a wide range of industries. We meet today’s challenges as well as those of the future, as a response towards a CIRCULAR economy in a ‘fluid’ world. To accommodate the customer requirements, Nijhuis offers customized installations, to create profit out of (waste)water, process water and waste.
“Turn your (waste)water into PROFIT”
At Nijhuis Industries it is the mission to help customers to reduce, reuse and recover water and resources to create profit. We help our valued customers to meet their increasingly demanding sustainability requirements, lower their environmental footprint, combine productivity and energy efficiency and reduce life cycle cost at the same time.
Sustainable Water Use & Resource Recovery
They provide a multidisciplinary team and a unique in-house portfolio, realizing smart and game-changing solutions and systems in sustainable water use and resource recovery, combined with our intelligent services.
With Headquarters in the Netherlands, Nijhuis Industries is active in all geographical regions around the world, serving over 2,600 references from its Sales & Service Centers in China, Dubai, England, Poland, Russia, Singapore, USA & Latin America.
For decades the Nijhuis Water Technology Dissolved Air flotation unit has been known as the most robust and best DAF unit available on the market. However, in response to variations in industrial activity and customers’ requirements to quickly and efficiently relocate production facilities, Nijhuis has now redesigned their DAF concept. The result is an even more efficient system than before. Located within a high cube container, the revolutionary and innovative Intelligent Containerized (Flocculation)-Flotation system allows customers to achieve environmental compliance within a very limited time scale.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Suspended solids/phosphorus recovery technologies:
- Produces a concentrated source of phosphorus from a renewable source
- Include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity by site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost by site and by technology
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY