Plastic Fusion Fabricators – Covered Lagoon Digesters
About the Company:
Plastic Fusion Fabricators is a pioneer in the fabrication and installation of custom thermoplastic containment systems. They are a leader in the installation of containment systems for landfills, waste water treatment plants, industrial facilities, anaerobic digesters and biogas collection systems. They have state-of-the-art production facilities and experienced employees delivering unmatched product quality and superior service. From design and fabrication to installation and field services, Plastic Fusion strives to be a complete, trusted source for innovative thermoplastic containment solutions.
About the Solution:
Plastic Fusion Fabricators installed their first floating lagoon cover in 1991. Since that time, they have installed over seven million square feet of covers for more than 120 projects. Over the last 27 years, they have partnered with their customers to design, engineer, install, and test anaerobic digester systems using the best available methods and technologies. This includes biogas collection, biogas management, biogas venting, and biogas processing—along with a specialized ballast system—all fabricated, delivered, fused, and tested by experienced crews familiar with the industry.
Their experience puts Plastic Fusion in a unique position to continually innovate and they are always improving methods, materials, installation, and quality in order to set the industry standard for anaerobic digester covers.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Plastic Fusion Fabricators has recently been added to the technology catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with Plastic Fusion Fabricators to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as we learn about their commercial dairy installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY