PRODEVAL – Valopur – Membrane Biogas Upgrading
RNG Process Technologies
PRODEVAL specializes in converting Biogas from the Anaerobic Digestion of organic waste into Biomethane. This 100% renewable energy can be used to replace fossil fuels, preventing further CO2 emissions. Their innovative solutions currently prevent the emission of 50.45 tons of CO2e per hour.
You can even distribute BioCNG, a 100% renewable fuel alternative, through their fueling solutions. PRODEVAL, has developed refueling stations capable of supplying all types of vehicles and all types of fleets. With scalable solutions that can be adapted to suit the needs of clients. BioCNG is safe, green fuel.
Over the past 30 years, PRODEVAL has honed their expertise in both engineering, and the production and distribution of Biomethane. Their staff will be on-hand to assist you with your project, providing a full follow-up service to ensure smooth running of your installations for as long as they are in use.
PRODEVAL is ISO 9001 certified. This certificate shows that the quality management system meets all the strict requirements and applies to modular gas systems for CNG distribution.
Biomethane production using membrane technology
After the digester and pretreatment process, the compressed gas undergoes further filtration within the VALOPUR unit. This is a compact unit housed within a pre-equipped container and composed of three stages of membranes which separate CO2 from CH4 using a patented EVONIK process.
The system allows the project to produce Biomethane that is tailored to the network specifications, with upgrading efficiency up to 99.5%. Once purified, Biomethane is directed towards the grid injection station which is connected to the natural gas network.
The three stages membrane system deliver operational flexibility, ensure optimal upgrading efficiency across the unit’s operating range.
- Automatically adapts to variations in Biogas flow or composition, maximizing injection capacity
- A simple and reliable system, with 3 membrane levels maximizing purification efficiency
- Scalable, additional membranes can be added to increase the installation's capacity in the future
- Membranes are resistant to unwanted contaminants (including H2S)
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
PRODEVAL has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with PRODEVAL to further refine the cost and performance information on their technologies and services. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
Newtrient 9-Point Technology Scoring Rating
View the Technology Scoring page
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY