Saveco – SEPCOM Dewatering Technology
For Cow Manure Bedding
About the Company:
Founded in 1972, SAVECO North America, Inc. of Gurnee Illinois supplies pretreatment screens and solids/grit management equipment for water and wastewater applications. SAVECO North America, Inc. was purchased by the WAMGROUP® of Modena Italy in 2015 and is now the marketing/sales/engineering subsidiary in North America for the full line of SAVI® and SPECO® products including the SAVI BEAST Septage-FOG-Sludge screening systems and SPECO screw screens.
The WAMGROUP is an Italian multi-national company founded in 1969 as a designer and manufacturer of conveyors. The company quickly expanded into bulk solids handling equipment and today is the recognized leader in this important industrial application with thousands of installations worldwide
About the Solution:
Dewatering Equipment For Cow Manure Bedding
SEPCOM Horizontal Separator Specs:
For SEPCOM Dewatering Equipment, Parts, and Service contact SAVECO North America, Inc.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Screw press technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
SAVECO North America has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with SAVECO North America to further refine the cost and performance information on their solutions. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY