Sevana Bioenergy – Anaerobic Digestion
Advancing renewable energy
Sevana Bioenergy is developing multiple biogas projects in agricultural regions of North America. With an experienced team of national and international experts, Sevana build’s value-add partnerships in agricultural communities by creating new markets for existing agricultural businesses, reducing waste, increasing the use of renewable energy and reducing long-term greenhouse gas emissions.
Sevana Bioenergy works to ensure that communities benefit and thrive through these partnerships while building renewable solutions to local waste and energy challenges.
Their company is built around our core principals of safety, integrity, community partnerships, teamwork, equal opportunity, sustainability and regenerative economic development.
Sevana's current projects include the joint ownership and operation of the New Energy One dairy manure digester facility near Twin Falls, ID. This facility has six CSTR digesters which processes the manure from a dairy herd which totals approximately 18,000 cows and generates renewable power for EV charging. Upon the completion in Q1, 2022 of an expansion, the facility will produce renewable natural gas for supplying CNG fueled vehicles in LCFS markets.The Sevana team was also instrumental in the expansion of an a CSTR digester facility in the Pacific Northwest which is now one of the larger CSTR based RNG plants in the world. The company is also active with the development of multiple dairy and swine RNG projects in several agricultural regions across the midwest US. Sevana’s facilities create job opportunities and steady markets for existing agricultural operators and businesses. Consistency in markets and in product availability helps communities to withstand volatile commodity markets and uncertain growing conditions.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Sevana Bioenergy has recently been added to the Newtrient catalog. Newtrient will continue to work with Sevana Bioenergy to further refine the cost and performance information on their technologies and services. Newtrient will update this entry as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY