Valmetal US Farm Systems – Wastewater Processing Equipment
Innovation & Service for More Than 35 Years
About the Company:
Valmetal Groups’ mission is to facilitate the work of farmers from all over the world by providing them with innovative and efficient equipment to mechanize and automate the different tasks of feeding animals and manure handling. Through the years, Valmetal has managed to position itself sustainably on the international market through the quality of its equipment combined with the flexibility and efficiency of its customer service.
Valmetal specializes in the designing and the manufacturing of equipment to mechanize and automate most processes for the preparation and distribution of food to farm animals. Valmetal offers two product categories: farm equipment and automated systems.
Valmetal Group’s three brand names Valmetal, Valmetal-Jamesway and Valmetal-US Farm Systems, have been merged under the single brand, Valmetal.
About the Solution:
A Valmetal US Farm Systems separation system reduces water usage, odors, and produces separated solids that can be repurposed as bedding for cows or compost for fertilizer. Heavy duty pumps and agitators send well-mixed solids over sets of curved sloped screen separators. The separated solids moisture content is reduced by a screw press, dewatering conveyor, or roller press and then stacked for processing. The effluent from the screen separators can be further separated prior to being reused for irrigation or flushing.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Slope Screen technologies:
- Produces fiber for bedding, soil amendment and compost
- Used extensively on dairies across the country to reduce concerns associated with storage and application
- Do not significantly reduce nutrients from the manure stream
- Can utilize many types of technology like slope screen, screw press, rotary drum and others
- Used before many other technologies to remove coarse solids
- Minimal maintenance and operator time required
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control but with limited impact in all cases
Valmetal US Farm Systems has a long track record of manufacturing reliable gravity based solid-liquid separation equipment.
The company, originally known as US Farm Systems, was founded and operated by Rejean Houle and his family until October of 2018 when it was sold to the Valmetal Group, based in Quebec, Canada. The same proven systems and services are now provided by Valmetal US Farm Systems.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY