Veolia Water Technologies – Biothane® Anaerobic Treatment
Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies
Veolia Water Technologies is committed to providing innovative solutions with proven value-added performance.
As demand for milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy products continues to grow, new technologies are helping to optimize and control major costs for dairies and dairy plants: water usage and energy consumption.
Veolia offers industry leading technologies for the reduction of water use and wastewater treatment improvement while ensuring continuous water supply compliant with state-of-the-art hygienic standards and regulatory requirements.
Our solutions are able to optimize energy usage inside the process and promote green gas production. They also can ensure by-products valorisation (animal feed, fertilizers, bioplastics) and improve some production yields.
Our technologies include solutions for process water, recycle systems, wastewater treatment and sludge management. Our goal is to help our customers reduce their environmental footprint through efficient processes that both reduce costs and limit risks in their daily operations. Technologies used by dairies include:Biothane® anaerobic treatment technology that turns wastewater into energy
Biothane® high-rate anaerobic reactors are the leading technology for the treatment of high-strength wastewater, with the benefit of green energy production. Available in two configurations, Biothane reactors offer proven technologies with patented features that set them apart as the leader in the industry. Our process experts work with you to determine the best technology for your application. Custom designs or packaged options
Biothane reactors are available as custom designs or packaged systems, depending on your needs. Packaged systems offer the advantage of expedited delivery and reduced installation costs.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Violia has a long track record of manufacturing reliable water treatment equipment and is currently working with Newtrient to provide additional information on it's technology and installations.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY