W. W. Williams – Power Generation
Consider It Done.
Founded in 1912 as a small family-owned business, W.W. Williams has evolved into one of the nation’s most diversified solutions providers. They provide our customers with mechanical service and repair, power generation and warehousing and logistics.
W.W. Williams delivers with world-class emissions-certified products from MTU Onsite Energy for a wide variety of applications. Whether it's continuous, standby, prime or combined heat and power you need - consider it done.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
- Produce electricity for on-site use and sale to the grid with a Utility Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Produce heat which is used on site to increase digester influent to proper temperature
- Proven technology for use with biogas
- Require scrubbing of hydrogen sulfide from biogas for best performance
- Require regular maintenance and monitoring
- Require specialized safety equipment
- Require a utility interconnect if power is sold to the grid
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY