Wangen Bio-MIX – Pumps
About the Company:
About the Solution:
Pumps in biogas plants have to convey viscous substrate between the fermenters. WANGEN offers different types of pumps according to the substrate to be conveyed and the biogas plant in question. Their years of experience enables them to develop practice-related solution concepts. WANGEN pumps have robust designs because substrates are often highly viscous and have to be pumped over long distances. Supplemented with dry running protection, pressure gauges or flow meters, they display excellent performance even in automatic continuous duty.
FEEDING IN SOLID MATERIAL
With WANGEN BIO-MIX pumps, solid materials are conveyed into the pump via the jaw hopper and mixed there with liquid from fermenters, after-fermenters or liquid manure tanks. Only then is the mix transferred to the fermenter.
- Good mixing in of the solid materials (less stirring required in the fermenter)
- Trouble-free conveyance over large distances and great differences in height (e.g. when extending biogas plants)
- Several fermenters can be loaded with one feeding system
- Optimum mixing in of even difficult solid materials, e.g. grass silage and solid manure.
WANGEN pumps perform special tasks in biogas plants such as loading the separators for separating solid and liquid phases. Conveying the substrates with their mostly high dry substance contents (DS) requires sophisticated pump technology. Optimum pumping results are guaranteed by the flow-optimized suction housing and a constant joint diameter which prevents the plating of long fibers.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Anaerobic Digester Associated Technology:
NOTE: There are several technology types that are used as part of an integrated manure management system that includes an anaerobic digester and are not applicable to manure management in other cases. The impact of these technologies on the critical indicators are represented as those of an entire anaerobic digester system.
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control, GHG reduction and pathogen reduction
Newtrient will continue to work with Wengen to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as we continue to receive information.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY