Ag Methane Advisors – Carbon Credit Consulting
Agricultural Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Accounting
Ag Methane Advisors, LLC is a niche consulting firm specializing in agricultural greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting. Their work focuses on creating environmental commodities from dairy biogas projects. They support farms, utilities, and project developers that operate methane digesters and generate renewable natural gas (RNG) and electricity from the biogas. Their services enable clients to create and sell carbon offsets, Low Carbon Fuels Standard (LCFS) credits, and Renewable Fuels Standard Renewable Identification Number (RIN) credits.
The core of Ag Methane Advisors work is carbon offset and LCFS accounting for dairies that operate methane digesters. With over 13 years of experience in this work and domain expertise for projects nationwide. They provide a full suite of services designed to support farmers, utilities, and project developers in all aspects of monetizing methane reductions through the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Low Carbon Fuel Standard and Cap and Trade Programs. They work as a hired consultant allowing digester operators to retain 100% ownership of their credits, and provide strategic planning, financial valuation, project monitoring, data management, verification management, registration, and credit marketing/sale.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Consultants, Developers & Service Providers:
- Can be an integral part of a project team
- Generally used to provide specific expertise or to reduce the responsibility or risk
- Most projects have at least some Consultants, Developers and Service Providers
- Consultants are generally hired to oversee or advise in a specific area of expertise
- Developers usually are responsible for the entire project
- Service Providers typically provide services in a particular area of expertise
- No Consultant, Developer or Service Provider can make a bad project successful
Newtrient will continue to work with Ag Methane Advisors to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations are engaged.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY