Aequion Water Technologies – Aeration System
Makers of EMOH™ systems
About the Company:
Aequion is on a mission to expedite the adoption of sustainable water practices by the industries responsible for feeding the world population.
Inspired by Nikola Tesla’s works on magnetic theory, EMOH™ Technology was developed with the intention of remediating aquatic environments, as well as improving irrigation water for food production. Eight years of field research and collaboration among physicists, biochemists and universities would evolve to EMOH™ Water Treatment Systems and the founding of Aequion Water Technologies. Since the company’s inception, numerous applications for EMOH™ Technology have been identified including, but not limited to: the management of solids and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from manure-lagoons, odor mitigation, weed and algal control in municipal, retention and food processing ponds, the improvement of irrigation water used in controlled environment agriculture, row crop and orchard farming.
About the Solution:
EMOH™ (Electron-Magnetic-Oxygen-Hydrogen) Technology and EMOH™ Water Treatment Systems are patented solutions offered exclusively through Aequion and Aequion’s distributors.
Standard models are comprised of two (2) EMOH™ Cores, a venturi injector, dual compression chambers, a bypass channel, and up to three (3) butterfly valves for manual configuration and optimal performance. Each EMOH™ Core exposes inflow and outflow water supply to powerful magnetic fields that, according to company literature, effectively decluster H2O molecules while increasing reaction rates, hydration and solubility. The resulting generation of nanobubbles and free oxygen—combined with the introduction of atmospheric oxygen, or contained oxygen in some use cases—supersaturates the treated water with dissolved oxygen that stays in suspension rather than rapidly dissipating.
Aequion specifies that for manure-lagoons, EMOH™ Technology catalyzes an aerobic digestive process capable of eliminating solids, circumventing buildup, reducing off-gassing, and restoring water utility for irrigation without ever needing to drain and manually cleanout the lagoon. The configuration for this application, introduces a modified EMOH™ Water Treatment System combined with a chopper pump and skid for direct circulation and added mobility.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Primarily applicable for flush system followed by primary solids separation and within a region that has concerns regarding local odor emissions from long-term storage lagoons.
- Capital costs for the mechanical surface aerators and their platforms/electrical connections are moderate.
- Operating costs, even with limited aeration can be high due to high utility costs for continuous operation of energy intensive aerators.
- Well-researched, understood and engineered system with multiple vendor platforms available across industries, including manure treatment.
- Several types of aerators are available in the market that are suited for dairy operations.
- Specification requirements of aeration equipment and its installation depend on farm size, manure characteristics, and odor mitigation goals of that dairy farm.
Newtrient will continue to work with Aequion to further refine the cost and performance information as more information becomes available and as commercial dairy installations come on line.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY