Anuvia Plant Nutrients – Two-Stage Hydrolysis to Fertilizer
About the Company:
Anuvia has developed an innovative system that mimics nature’s process of turning organic matter into usable plant nutrients. But instead of months or years, they can do it in minutes. Their patented technology allows nutrients to stay in the soil longer, making more of them available to nourish crops, the way nature intended. The result is increased yield, while improving soil health and water quality. And because less can be used, greenhouse gases and harmful runoff are reduced immediately.
About the Solution:
Anuvia's manufacturing process is a proprietary seven-step organic resource processing system described in 14 U.S. patents. It is clean, safe, environmentally friendly, and makes use of organic materials that would otherwise be disposed of.
By combining proven industry manufacturing techniques with a patented two-stage hydrolysis process, they form the building blocks of novel plant nutrition products with TRX Technology™.
The resulting high efficiency plant nutrient products are made up of dry, homogenous granules. Through TRX Technology, it reduces nutrient losses to the environment while increasing nutrient availability for the plant by slowing the release of nutrients for uptake and protecting against leaching and volatilization.
Anuvia's full line of products for farmers, turf managers and homeowners exceed Exceptional Quality (EQ) standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and their facilities leave behind only clean air and water as a result of the manufacturing process.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
Chemical flocculation technologies remove the non-dissolved particles from the waste stream typically resulting in irrigation quality “tea water”:
- Produces a clay like cake which is high in phosphorus and with significant amounts of organic nitrogen.
- Supported technologies include belt presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation systems and others; all requiring flocculants to achieve high rates of solids removal
- There is significant variation of chemical and energy use depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of operational intensity depending on site and by technology
- There is significant variation of cost depending on site and by technology
- Proven technology for nitrogen recovery, phosphorous recovery, storage reduction, GHG reduction, and odor control
Newtrient will continue to work with Anuvia Plant Nutrients to further refine the cost and performance information as this information becomes available with their commercial installations.Anuvia Plant Nutrients has not been evaluated using Newtrient's 9-point scoring process because, although it appears that this technology is applicable to dairy manure, there are no commercial installations on a dairy facility at this time.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY