Avolta Development – Anaerobic Digestion
Inception through execution
Avolta focuses on renewable natural gas projects from inception through execution. They bring a full suite of capabilities including: identifying potential development targets, performing financial and operational due diligence, securing gas rights, obtaining off-take agreements for gas and environmental credits, and project financing.
Their team has a long history in the energy industry and with gas processing in particular. They have extensive experience developing resources that produce gas and technology that streamlines operations and brings gas to market. Their technology developments have focused on enhancing safety, reducing operating costs and improving the environmental footprint of operations and industries in which they work. As the biogas industry began to rapidly expand, Avolta’s founders recognized the need for project developers that were well capitalized, experienced in gas processing operations, fostered an entrepreneurial and execution-oriented culture and understood the various market and contracting components to an RNG project so that win-win partnerships between manure/biogas owners (e.g. farmers), investors and technology providers could be created.
Avolta operates to fill that need in the marketplace and accelerate the development of renewable energy and sustainable environmentally friendly solutions to agricultural and waste industry operations.
Avolta is an execution-oriented company that prides itself on honesty, integrity and delivering results. Each project encompasses a wide variety of stakeholders including famers, equipment suppliers, construction contractors, pipeline and off-takers. Avolta creates win-win partnerships and agreements while ensuring projects are built on schedule, within budget and in line with both dairy and pipeline operational requirements and project financial goals.
Technology Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Avolta has recently been added to the technology catalog, Newtrient will continue to work with them to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY