Avolta Development – Anaerobic Digestion
Inception through execution
About the Company:
Avolta focuses on partnering with America’s dairy farmers to become sustainability leaders and turn waste into revenue. They are a family-owned company that specializes in developing and operating farm based renewable natural gas projects from inception through execution. They have an experienced team that have spent careers working side by side with agricultural processors, managing dairy farms, constructing, and operating anaerobic digester facilities, engineering countless gas pipelines and processing facilities and managing skilled teams and technicians responsible for efficient gas processing. With all this experience on their team, Avolta prides itself as an execution-oriented company that delivers timely results with honest and integrity.
About the Solution:
Avolta brings a full suite of capabilities including: identifying potential development targets, performing financial and operational due diligence, designing and integrating effective manure and gas process systems, securing gas rights, obtaining off-take agreements for gas and environmental credits, and securing project financing. Each project encompasses a wide variety of stakeholders including famers, equipment suppliers, construction contractors, pipeline and off-takers. Avolta strives to create win-win partnerships and agreements while ensuring projects are built on schedule, within budget and in line with both dairy and pipeline operational requirements and project financial goals.
Solution Strengths, Weaknesses and Critical Indicators
- Long usable life and can be run reliably
- Creates energy and generates environmental credits
- Proper feeding & system monitoring is required to avoid system downtime
- Proven technology for odor control
- Proven technology for GHG reduction
- Proven technology for pathogen reduction
- Different types of systems produce varying gas production rates
- Requires proper preparation of the feedstock
- Requires other technologies for energy utilization
- Requires other technologies for digestate handling
- Requires other technologies to prevent nitrogen loss
- Complex systems may require expertise not available on-farm
Avolta has recently been added to the technology catalog, Newtrient will continue to work with them to further refine the cost and performance information, publishing it and updating the 9-Point score as information becomes available and as new commercial dairy installations come online.
1. OPERATIONAL HISTORY